Keep buildings in clean and orderly condition. Perform heavy cleaning duties, such as cleaning floors, shampooing rugs, washing walls and glass and removing rubbish. Duties my include performing routine maintenance activities, notifying management of need for repairs, and cleaning debris from sidewalk.
|Duties & Responsibilities
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Clean laboratory equipment, such as glassware and metal instruments, using solvents, brushes, rags, and power cleaning equipment.