|Duties & Responsibilities
- Perform maintenance on pneumatic and hydraulic test equipment.
- Design test fixtures and develop test plans for pneumatic and hydraulic test stands.
- Build and test proto-type designs:
- Evaluate the functionality of the design (Heat rise, Force vs Stroke, etc.)
- Build and design test tooling to expedite the design
- Document the build process and provide feedback on the routing to the Project Engineer.
- Trouble shoot and solve problems with existing designs.
- Understand and operate the following equipment: Red oil test stand, Military test stand, Skydrol test stand, EB welder, Pneumatic test stand, Bonding resistance tester, soldering iron and oscilloscope.
- Perform Qualification testing.
- Provide documentation for all test procedures.
- Develop new processes to expedite the building process.
- Support the manufacturing process.
- Test performance of electromechanical assemblies, using test instruments such as oscilloscopes,
electronic voltmeters, and bridges.
- Read blueprints, schematics, diagrams, and technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Install electrical and electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering
equipment and hand tools.
- Align, fit, and assemble component parts, using hand tools, power tools, fixtures, templates, and
- Inspect parts for surface defects.
- Analyze and record test results, and prepare written testing documentation.
- Verify dimensions and clearances of parts to ensure conformance to specifications, using precision measuring instruments.
- Repair, rework, and calibrate hydraulic and pneumatic assemblies and systems to meet operational specifications and tolerances.
- Train others to install, use, and maintain test stands or to assemble solenoids and valves.
- Calibrate gages and flow meters.
- Take fluid samples off of the test stands.