Inspect, test, sort, sample, or weigh non-agricultural raw materials or processed, machined, fabricated, or assembled parts or products for defects, wear, and compliance to specifications. May use precision measuring instruments and complex test equipment during inspection process.
|Duties & Responsibilities
- Analyze and interpret blueprints, data, manuals, and other materials to determine requirements, inspection and testing procedures, adjustment and certification methods, and measuring instruments required.
- Before using measurement equipment for acceptance of product verify the equipment is functioning accurately against a known standard.
- Perform receiving inspection on arriving materials to ensure that they match purchase order requirements and submit discrepancy reports when problems are found.
- Inspect, test, or measure manufactured or final level products for conformance to all requirements and specifications. Reject products, materials, and equipment not meeting the requirements. Document rejected product per RAM internal specification(s).
- Mark paperwork with details such as acceptance or rejection status. Record inspection and quantities of product inspected.
- Perform first article (first piece) buyoffs throughout the assembly process.
- Prepare AS9102 first article reports when required.
- Discuss nonconforming results found during inspections with supervisors and other personnel responsible for products, and recommend necessary corrective actions to correct defects.
- Record inspection or test data, such as weights, temperatures, grades, and quantities inspected. Mark items with details such as acceptance or rejection status.
- Observe and monitor production operations and equipment to ensure conformance to requirements.
- Randomly select samples for lot acceptance, testing or for use as tin solder models. Visually verify the entire lot against the tin solder model for compliance.
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to requirements, using measuring instruments such as rulers, calipers, micrometers, drop gauges, optical comparator or other gauges and equipment.
- Set controls, start and monitor machines that automatically measure, sort, or inspect products. Analyze test data and make computations as necessary to determine compliant test results.
- Compare colors, shapes, textures, or grades of products or materials with color charts, templates, or samples to verify conformance to standards.
- Write test and inspection reports describing results, recommendations, and needed rework.
- Prepare products for further processing, shipping, or packaging and transport of products to other work stations as necessary.
Lift/Carry 10 lbs. or less _X 11-20 lbs. _X 21-50 lbs._ X 51-70 lbs.__
Must be able to sit and stand constantly _X_ Will handle/finger constantly _X_