Receive, store, and issue materials, equipment, and other items from tool crib, warehouse, or other storage locations. Support the machinists on the shop floor by kitting jobs, removing bar-stock chips, and supplying products and services that allows the machinist to stay at their respective work stations. Keep records and compile stock reports.
|Duties & Responsibilities
- Conduct Tool Crib Inventory cycle counts on a routine basis.
- Tends to tool room requests from machinist / inspectors and vendors.
- Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors.
- Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, tool crib, supply rooms, or other areas.
- Mark stock items using identification tags, stamps, electric marking tools, or other labeling
- Clean and maintain supplies, tools, equipment, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations.
- Determine proper storage methods, identification, and stock location based on turnover,environmental factors, and physical capabilities of facilities.
- Properly receive materials that are sent to the south dock.
- Keep records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment.
- Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors.
- Examine and inspect all items received on the south dock immediately upon delivery for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors (open all boxes).
- Dispose of damaged or defective items, or return them to vendors (notify Materials Manager immediately if any items are received that are damaged).
- Prepare and maintain records and reports of inventories, shortages, shipments, and goods used or issued.
- Issue or distribute materials, products, parts, and supplies to coworkers, based on information from incoming requisitions.