|| Tooling Design Engineer
Coordinate the creation and implementation of tooling and work instructions for new and existing product. Support the development and implementation of manufacturing processes and systems. Work within a team environment within project engineering and manufacturing engineering to provide detailed tooling designs.
- Computer literacy required.
- Microsoft office competency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required.
- Ability to communicate and work well with others required.
- CAD proficiency (SolidWorks preferred) required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (mechanical or manufacturing engineering) required.
- 2 Years minimum drafting experience.
- Practical experience in a technical manufacturing environment.
- Solid Works proficiency.
- 3D printing knowledge/experience.
|Duties & Responsibilities
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work in a team environment with Project Engineering and Manufacturing Engineering.
- Administer the tooling procedure and ensure tools are completed accordingly.
- Design production and test tooling.
- Create solid models and detailed drawings of tooling components and assemblies.
- Incorporate proper geometric design and tolerancing (GD&T) on detail drawings.
- Provide a BOM and work instructions for new tool designs.
- Coordinate tooling verification and incorporation of tooling instruction details.
- Provide tooling and process training to operators, technicians, and engineers.
- Procure tooling and tooling related items.
- Review tooling designs and provide direction to tooling designers.
- Check tooling drawings for clear dimensions and accurate control blocks.
- Coordinate the operation of the 3D printer and generate 3D printed tooling.
- Initiate and support the completion of Engineering Changes (EC’s).
- Assist in the design and implementation of manufacturing processes and systems.
- Support the implementation, testing, operation, and maintenance of new processes or equipment.
- Other duties as assigned.